FREQUENTLY ASKED MEMBERSHIP QUESTIONS
How do I update my membership contact information?
If you would like to update your contact information or are having issues with your Membership, please fill out the appropriate form below.
- Address Update
- Request a New Membership Card
- Request Subscription to The Garden Path Magazine
- Contact Us (Select Membership in dropdown menu)
What are the types of Membership?
A variety of membership options are available. View all Membership Levels here.
How Do I Create an Online Account?
To use your Garden Membership online, please follow these steps to create your account:
- Visit My Account/Login
- Enter your email address on record
- Select “No, I’d like to register”
- Select “Sign in”
- Enter the zip code associated with your Membership
- Verify your email address and select a password to complete your account setup
Garden Members always receive a discount on Gift Shop products, general admission tickets, and event tickets unless otherwise noted. When logged in as a Member, the prices displayed on products and tickets reflect your Membership Discount.
What are My Member Benefits and Discounts?
- 20% discount when purchasing additional admission tickets
- 10% discount at the Garden Gift Shop (In-Store and Online)
- Free/discounted admission to Garden Lectures
- Discounted admission to Garden Workshops
- Free/discounted admission to Garden Exhibitions and Festivals
- 20% discount at Bamboo Sushi. (Offer valid with current Portland Japanese Garden Membership card at time of payment. Up to $20 maximum discount per table, per visit.)
- Free admission to the Lan Su Chinese Garden in November
Can I Bring a Guest?
Beginning with the Dual Membership level, you may designate a guest on your membership. You can add additional guests to any level of membership by paying $20 per guest for the year. Guest designations on your membership are transferable.
Children under 18 are free and unlimited with the Household, Patron, Steward or Photographer level Memberships. Patron and Steward level Memberships include additional one-time use admission tickets.
How Long Does it Take to Receive the Membership Packet?
Please allow up to 3 weeks for Memberships to be processed. To use all the benefits of your Membership immediately, simply show your receipt and photo ID at the Admissions Gate and at the Garden Gift Shop.
What is the tax deductibility?
The Portland Japanese Garden is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization maintained solely through admissions, Memberships, and special gifts. Membership and donations are tax deductible. Certain benefits, such as complimentary admission tickets, may reduce the tax-deductible amount – please consult your accountant. Questions? Please contact the Membership office at 503-796-9180 or [email protected].
What is a Gateway Member?
Gateway Members is a designation of membership as a special thanks to those who maintained Membership through the Garden’s historic period of expansion.