- Wednesday – Monday: 10:00am-6:00pm (closed Tuesdays)
- Last entry is 6pm, guests out by 7pm
- Village Gift Shop: 9:00am-7:00pm
- Garden Gift Shop: 12:00-4:00pm
- Umami Café: 9:30am-4:30pm (last seating) closing at 5:00pm
- Garden admission or member reservation is required to visit Umami Café.
- Reserve a table ahead of your visit
- The Garden does not have public hours on the following holidays:
- Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year’s
- Wednesday – Monday: 8:00-10:00am (closed Tuesdays, no member hours)
- The Gift Shop opens at 9:00am for members only. The Umami Café opens at 9:30am for members only. Please make a reservation for the Umami Café for a table during member hours.
Your admission ticket includes access to the Garden, the Garden Gift Shop, the Umami Café, and Art Exhibitions.
Senior (65+): $18.95
Student (with ID): $17.95
Youth (6-17): $15.95
Child (5 and under): Free
Tickets are non-refundable. To request a ticket exchange, click here. Tickets can only be exchanged up to 24 hours prior to the original date and time (no day-of exchanges).
- Rose Festival Fleet Week (June 7-11): Free admission for all active military personnel. To receive free admission, active members of the military must show a military ID, discharge papers or other official military identification.
- Veterans Day (November 11): Free admission for active military personnel, military veterans and their families who accompany them on Veterans Day (Friday, November 11). Families of deployed military personnel also will be given free admission to Portland Japanese Garden. Veterans Day at the Garden is sponsored by The Oregonian in 2023.
- Special Tickets: If you have any special tickets such as promotions that need to be redeemed, please come see us at our Welcome Center for assistance. These types of tickets cannot be reserved in advance online.
- Tripod Fee: There is a $10.00/person charge for using a tripod for anyone who is not a Garden Member.
- Accessibility of Garden: We also provide a discount for visitors who are unable to see the entirety of the Garden due to accessibility. For a map of our pathways, please see here. For more information on accessibility, see here.
Arts for All
Portland Japanese Garden is a proud participant in Arts for All, making the beauty and serenity of the Garden accessible to low-income families and individuals who receive food stamps (SNAP).VIEW MORE INFORMATION