Portland Japanese Garden is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization based in Portland, Oregon. The permanent staff numbers around 95, and our staff size increases to approximately 135 during the summer season. We take pride in our world-class setting and our friendly work environment. Our organization is known locally, nationally, and internationally for excellence.
Portland Japanese Garden does not accept unsolicited resumes.
There are no open positions at this time
All employees receive:
- a household membership to the Garden
- reciprocal access to other area attractions, such as the Lan Su Chinese Garden, Oregon Zoo, and Portland Art Museum
- a 30% discount on most items in the gift shop
- incentives for using alternative transportation to commute to work
- free access to the Employee Assistance Program
- paid sick time
Full-time, regular employees are eligible for:
- health, dental, and vision insurance, with 100% premium coverage for employees
- 401k plan, with 4% employer match after one year of service
- flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
- paid vacation, sick, and holiday time
Policy Against Discrimination
Portland Japanese Garden is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. It is also the policy of Portland Japanese Garden that all employees are entitled to a work environment free from all forms of discrimination. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is inconsistent with the policy and philosophy of Portland Japanese Garden and will not be tolerated at any time.