Public tours of Portland Japanese Garden have returned! Tours are available with general admission or membership and are led by our passionate, trained volunteer guides. Whether it’s your first or twentieth visit, tours are a wonderful way to better understand and appreciate our garden spaces.
Public Tour Details:
- Tours are available Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Monday, between 10am – 2pm. Weekend tours are available beginning November 6.
- Admissions and/or membership are required to reserve a public tour. For members, please also book a timed ticket.
- Reservations are required and can be made here.
- If you are looking for more than one spot, reservations are necessary for all participants. Please reserve a spot for all members of your group.
- Tours last approximately one hour.
- Each tour is capped at 10 people to ensure the Garden remains tranquil for all our visitors.
- Public tours begin in the Tateuchi Courtyard near the Ellie M. Hill Bonsai Terrace.
- Tours are subject to guide availability. You will be notified by email in the event your tour is canceled.
- If you scheduled a tour time or have any questions, please reach out to Catherine Montgomery, Director of Volunteer Programs, at (503) 223-9233 or via email.
Group Sales / Group Tours / Guided 2-12 School Tours
Temporarily suspended until further notice.
Portland Japanese Garden is pleased to offer accommodations for accessible and inclusive visits. The Cultural Village, upper Flat Garden, and the Pavilion are accessible for patrons with mobility impairments. All restrooms have accessible stalls.
We will do our best to accommodate your needs when you arrive. We need, however, 2-3 weeks advance notice for some specific requests. Please email requests to [email protected] or call 503-223-9233.