The Umami Café provides a place for you to relax and refresh while at the Garden. Here, you will experience the pairing of world-class Japanese tea with traditional gracious, attentive service, and delicious edible delights.
With a design reminiscent of Kyoto’s Kiyomizu-dera temple, the Umami Café floats over the hillside and provides views of the area’s natural beauty. Tea is provided by the Tokyo-based Jugetsudo tea company, while light snacks come from our partnership with Japanese food company, Ajinomoto as well as several local Japanese confectioneries.
- Umami Café is open from 9:30am* – 4pm
- *Members only hours are between 9:30-10am
- Please note that the Garden is closed on the following dates (in addition to our regular Tuesday closures): 9/29, 9/30, 11/23, 11/24, 11/25, 11/26, 12/21, 12/22, 12/23, 12/24, 12/25
- Reservations are required for the Umami Café via OpenTable.
- Reservations can be made up to 10 days in advance.
- Both admission tickets for Garden entry, and table reservations are required to visit the Umami Café. We recommend reserving your entry time to be earlier than the Café reservation, to ensure you are able to enter the Garden and make it to your booking on time
Masks are required in all our indoor spaces, regardless of vaccination status, in accordance with state guidelines.
Click the below button to view the full menu.