In this lecture and demonstration, our Chief Curator, Sadafumi (Sada) Uchiyama will discuss the maintenance of pine trees. Uchiyama is a fourth-generation Japanese gardener from southern Japan where his family has been involved in gardening for over a century.
This program will start with a tour of the Garden focusing on pine trees, followed by a lecture and demonstration conducted by Sada and a staff gardener. The demonstration will focus on candling, needling, growth regulation, and pruning techniques.
Tickets will be limited and there will be a lottery system to provide equal opportunity for participation among members.
Lottery winners will be contacted by October 6th, 2023 to complete ticket purchase.
Please find more information below:
- This is a one-day event with 20 tickets available.
- Participants should bring their own lunch and a resusable drinking cup or water bottle.
- This event will be outdoors, and will take place rain or shine.
- Printed educational material will be provided.
- More information about the lottery system can be found here.