Due to the popularity of our International Japanese Garden Training Center’s Garden Workshops, we are introducing a lottery system for purchasing tickets in 2019. Our hope is that this process will provide equal opportunity for members to participate in workshops.
Here’s how it will work:
- Dates for workshops and their respective lotteries will be published in the Garden Path magazine.
- Throughout the year, members will be notified in the weekly This Week email about the lottery opening for each Workshop.
- When the lottery window opens, a link will appear on the event listing on the website to submit a lottery bid.
- Each member household will have one week to enter and have the option to bid for one or two tickets to the selected workshop.
- After the lottery window has closed, members will be selected at random and our events team will call you at the phone number listed on your entry to complete your purchase.
- If you are unavailable when we call, a message will be left and you’ll have 72 hours to respond and purchase your tickets.
- Once the workshop is full, those who were not selected will be emailed with a wait list position.
If you have questions regarding the new workshop lottery process in 2019, please contact Membership Manager Megan Adams.
Golden Crane Society members will continue to have early access to workshop registration. For more information about the Golden Crane Society please contact Major Gifts Officer Matthew Maas.