Learn from Garden staff all about the aesthetics, history, cultural context and care of pine trees in the Japanese tradition. We’ll approach the pine tree in an interdisciplinary way, exploring the historic meaning of the tree in Japanese culture and the use of pines in various garden forms through history. The workshop will also touch on many horticultural basics including cultivation, pruning and needling techniques, form, soil health, pest control, and growth regulation.
- The workshop includes demonstration of techniques but does not include hands-on practice for participants.
- Event fees are non-refundable and take place rain or shine, so please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Printed educational materials are provided.
- Participants should bring their own lunch.
- Please allow ample time for parking and arrive by 8:50am at the Welcome Center for event check-in.