In keeping with the organization’s mission to bring the ideals of Portland Japanese Garden to the world: art of craft, connection to nature, and experience of peace – the Garden chose to name this membership level “Moon Bridge,” because of what the bridge represents both practically and symbolically to the Portland community and beyond.
“Moon Bridge” Memberships are available to Oregon and Southwest Washington families receiving public income-related assistance. This includes but is not limited to:
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Woman, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Family (TANF)
- Housing assistance (e.g. Section 8/Housing Choice Voucher, Low Income Energy Assistance)
- Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP) and/or Medicaid.
Becoming a Moon Bridge Member
What is needed to become a Moon Bridge Member?
A photo ID and proof of eligibility such as:
- SNAP Card
- WIC Card
- Up to date/current year eligibility letter from DHS or letter of enrollment
- Coverage notification letters
Please bring above documentation to Portland Japanese Garden (611 SW Kingston Ave.), email: [email protected] or call: 503.796.9180.
How much does the Moon Bridge Membership Cost?
How long is it valid? How do I renew?
- Memberships are valid for one-year, from the date they are purchased.
- Guests will be notified when their memberships are due for renewal.
What exchanges and benefits are included?
- 12 months of unlimited admission for two adults and up to 8 kids ages 6-17 (children 5 and under are free)
- Due to the eligibility requirements, only Arts for All tickets may be exchanged toward this level of membership (not general admission tickets)
- All the standard benefits of membership are included
Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. Memberships are not permitted for commercial or business use; please contact us about Corporate Memberships.