Join us to celebrate the Grand Opening of the new Cultural Village! Enjoy musical performances and visit the new buildings designed by world-renowned architect Kengo Kuma, the beautiful new garden spaces, and the Umami Café.
Saturday, April 1 is your day and you will be among the very first welcomed through the gates entering into the Cultural Village. After almost 18 months of waiting patiently, you will see what years of planning and your generous contributions and support have created.
While the five original gardens will close at 7:00pm, we will admit guests to the Cultural Village and new garden spaces until 7:30pm.
Schedule of Events
- 11:30am – Opening Taiko Drum Performance by EnTaiko
- 12pm – Gates Open
- 12pm – Shamisen & Taiko Performance by Wacocoro Brothers
- 1pm – Blessing Ceremony by Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine
- 2pm – Koto Music by Eri Muroi
- 2pm – Tea Presentation
- 2:30pm – Shamisen & Taiko Performance by Wacocoro Brotherss
- 3pm – Koto Music by Eri Muroi
- 3pm – Tea Presentation
- 3:30pm – Ceremonial Dance by Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine
- 4:30pm – Koto Music by Mitsuki Dazai
- 4:30pm – Tea Presentation
- 5pm – Closing Taiko Drum Perfmance by Unit Souzou
Complimentary tea will be served at the Umami Café throughout the day.