Explore Portland Japanese Garden’s history, landscape architecture, and culture with a free docent-led tour with American Sign Language interpretation. These tours are for individuals who are D/deaf and hard of hearing and their family and friends only. Attendance is limited to 10 people and registration is required prior to the tour. If you are interested in a public tour of the Garden with no interpretation, see our public tour page.
- Garden admission is required to enter. Explore admission prices and ticket availability here.
- Additional ASL tours are available, at no additional cost, at 1pm on:
- Saturday, 7/15
- Saturday, 8/19
- Saturday, 9/16
- Please limit your tour reservation to no more than 5 tickets per party to allow for other guests to enjoy the tour.
- Tours take place outside in the rain or shine. Please dress appropriately.
- Tours last approximately one hour.
- Meet your tour guide in the Atsuhiko and Ina Goodwin Tateuchi Foundation Courtyard at the “Tour Starts Here” sign in front of the Ellie M. Hill Bonsai Terrace.
- Tours start promptly. Late arrivals will forfeit their tour reservations. Please make sure you give yourself enough time to find parking and enter the Garden. We recommend 30 minutes.
- For questions please reach out to our Tour Coordinator at [email protected] or 503-542-9354.
ASL tours are brought to you by a generous grant from Oregon Cultural Trust and Multnomah County Cultural Coalition.