Skip to content
Terms and Conditions:
- Requirement: Design Intensive requires participants to move in an outdoor setting along with performing some technical sketching and drawing.
- Prerequisite: participants are expected to be versed in the use of drafting tools, have a good working knowledge of landscape graphics, and be able to draw plans, perspectives, and cross-sections to scale by hand.
- Tuition: $1,350. Tuition includes Garden admission (Oct. 4-8), access to training venues, lunch meals, all learning materials (includes sketchbooks and drawing materials), but does not include accommodation or travel costs. Tuition is due a week after acceptance notice and is non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- Application: Please note that fields highlighted in green are required. If you have any further questions after filling out the application or wish to confirm that your application was received and complete, please email [email protected]
- Waiver and Release of Liability for Training Center Programs: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE YOU WILL BE WAIVING LEGAL RIGHTS. In consideration for allowing me to participate in the event scheduled for Design Intensive 2023 for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and next of kin, all of whom shall be legally bound by this Waiver and Release, I hereby agree, waive and release as follows: 1. I am not required to participate in said activities, and participation is voluntary and solely for my benefit. I understand and acknowledge that participating in the hands-on workshop may be hazardous, such as accidents and falls at the garden venues. I am not aware of any reason, medical or otherwise, why I should not participate and I accept and assume any and all risks, whether known or unknown to me, of participating in the activity, including death, bodily injury and property damage.
- I agree to indemnify, release and forever discharge and hold harmless, and l agree not to sue, Portland Japanese Garden (PJG), its partners, owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, heirs, successors and assigns (“Indemnified Parties”), of and from all actions, claims, cause of action, demands, damages and expenses of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown (the “Claims”), which I may have or hereafter have against the Indemnified Parties by reason of any harm sustained my person and/or property in the course of my participation in Portland Japanese Garden’s training programs.
- I agree that if I commence, join in, or in any way seek relief through a legal action or proceeding arising out of, based upon, or related to any of the Claims, I will pay the Indemnified Parties, in addition to any damages, all attorneys’ fees and costs in defending or responding to the Claims.
- I agree that photographs or video may be taken of participants in the event and may be used by PJG in editorial, social, advertising, collateral, internal documents and other purposes. By signing and submitting this application and participating in the event, I grant Portland Japanese Garden the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of you in any manner and medium, and to alter and composite the same without restriction, inspection, or approval.
- I agree that Portland Japanese Garden is not responsible for loss, theft or damage to my baggage or any personal possessions.
- I agree that for the safety reasons, I will refrain from the use of cellphones during the event.
- Any actions or disputes arising under or in connection with this Release shall be resolved using Oregon law.
- I have read and understood all of the safety rules and physical requirements and instructions for the event and will comply with them. I will obey the safety instructions of staff and instructors and will arrive on time for all events.