Join Portland Japanese Garden for a virtual opening reception of the latest exhibition, Painting Paradise: Art of Daisuke Nakano.
The exhibition showcases the colorful paintings of Daisuke Nakano. Daisuke Nakano is an avant-garde visual artist who uses the centuries-old Nihonga-style painting technique to capture the elusiveness of light and the vivacious spirit of wildlife through his screen paintings of imaginary botanical landscapes.
ABOUT THE VIRTUAL EVENT
The virtual opening reception will include an exclusive exhibition tour, an opportunity to meet the artist, an exhibition-inspired cocktail with an interactive demonstration, and the option of enjoying a special dinner from AFURI.
Dinner and Signature Cocktail Details
The AFURI dinner package also includes a cocktail kit containing all of the ingredients to make two “Summer in the Garden” cocktails, Portland Japanese Garden’s exhibition-inspired signature cocktail.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Choose one (1) of the three dinner package options below. Dinner packages are $80 and include two meals and a cocktail kit (for two drinks).
- Place your order by clicking RSVP NOW, login to your online account, register for the event, and place your dinner package order.
- Pick up between 4pm and 5pm on Friday, June 11 at AFURI Beaverton or AFURI SE Portland.
AFURI DINNER PACKAGE OPTIONS
- Basic – Two Yuzu Shio ramen with Buta (pork) Gyoza dumplings and Sake (king salmon) Maki roll
- Spicy – Two Yuzu Ratan ramen with Buta (pork) Gyoza Dumplings and Negi-Hama (Hamachi scallion) roll
- Vegan – Two Hazelnut Tantanmen ramen with Miso-Cashew Gyoza dumplings and Avocado Maki roll
For more detailed information regarding food items, please see the complete AFURI menu. All of the dinner packages can be made gluten-free. Please note this upon ordering. No other substitutions allowed.
Prefer to forgo dinner at AFURI?
No problem. You can still join us as we make our exhibition-inspired signature cocktails, Summer in the Garden. Here’s what you’ll need: a good filtered sake, elderflower liqueur, a lemon, fresh basil, and some edible flowers.