No fooling or tricks today. The Garden is still, sadly, closed. In keeping with health officials’ recommendations to stay home and prevent further spread of COVID-19, Portland Japanese Garden is closed until the spread of this social health threat has adequately slowed down. We know you share our sentiment that having a space where you can settle the mind and connect with nature during an unprecedented time is important. We hope we can continue to be a place of respite when we are ready to re-open.
Until then, scroll down to enjoy virtual tours and videos of our Garden spaces.
Experience the Garden from Afar
Virtual Tours & 360 Views of Our Garden Spaces
Frequently Asked Questions
Status for Upcoming Events.
- March: All Tours: Canceled
- March: All Cultural Demonstrations & Performances: Canceled
- 3/23: Garden+ Lecture – Richard Deverell: Postponed – date TBD
- April: All Tours: Canceled
- April: All Cultural Demonstrations & Performances: Canceled
- 4/02: Nezu Gate Dedication: Postponed – date TBD
- 4/02: Golden Crane Opening Reception: Canceled
- 4/03: Shoko Kanazawa Exhibition & Demonstration: Canceled
- 4/4-5: Saga Goryu Ikebana Exhibition: Canceled
- 4/07: Cultural Workshop Series – Ikebana: Postponed – date TBD
- 4/28: Garden+ Lecture – Marc Treib: Postponed – date TBD
- 5/03: Children’s Day: Canceled
- 5/04: Annual Meeting of Members – status TBD
- 5/30-7/12: Takahiro Iwasaki: Constructed Worlds Exhibition: Postponed – date TBD
Closure Impacts on Memberships
At this time, we’re asking our community to continue their memberships and if possible renew memberships early and help support the Garden during this time of lost revenue so we can make sure the garden is maintained: aesthetically, physically and financially.
When we closed we lost our ability to generate 74% of our operating revenue. In order for us to sustain the Garden, membership dues are more essential then ever before.
Regarding Extensions: At this time, we don’t have a way to extend memberships. But we will be re-evaluating that once we are back open and operating with a full staff. At this time, we are hoping that people will continue their memberships through the closure in support of the Garden.
If you have specific questions about your membership, please email [email protected] It may take a few days for someone to return your message. But we will get back to you.